Are you ready to get on the path to lifetime wellness through physical activity or encourage others to join you on yours? Have you talked about starting to exercise with family, friends or co-workers?
Whatever your current fitness level, join Hardeman County Extension’s Walk Across Tennessee challenge to get started. Scroll down or click a link in the orange banner at the top of this page. Still can’t find what you need, call Arianne Price at 731-658-2421 or email her at email@example.com.
What is the challenge?
- A team of 4 people logs miles by intentional walking or other physical activity.
- Teams can set their own mileage goals, but the idea is to walk or exercise the equivalent of the length of Tennessee (about 500 miles).
- Team members are not required to walk or exercise together.
- The team captain reports for the team each week. This can be there person who organizes the team but does not have to be. A co-captain is optional.
- Teams will be categorized as beginner, intermediate, or advanced based on the average time team members’ currently spend in intentional physical activity.
- Here’s a link to the online mileage calculator for other physical activities that can count. This is a printable mileage conversion chart.
What are the rules?
- Priority registration is due Monday, October 11.
- Launch Event: Tuesday, Oct. 12th at 12:00pm – 1:00pm at UT Extension Office at 210 Vildo Road
- Only intentional walking or physical activity should be included in the totals.
- Steps taken throughout the day should NOT be counted.
- Team members report to the captain on a weekly basis.
- Miles are forfeited if a team fails to report weekly in a timely manner. This is why it may be helpful to have a co-captain.
- Mileage must be reported by end of day every Friday–starting October 8th –to be included in the weekly report.
- Here’s a link to the complete guidelines.
How does a team register?
- There are two required forms to register: Team Registration Form + Individual Waiver Form
- There is ONLY ONE Team Form per Team.
- Team Captains will fill out the form for the team.
- Each Member Must Fill Out An Individual Waiver